Sunday, June 23, 2013

Prayer Reflections Week XI (June 24-30, 2013)

Day 6: "here I'm, ready to came to you for the third time and I'm not going to be a burden on you' -2 cor.12: 14

  • After this week Jesus came again to us loving,forgiving us making us to see that cross is not burden. Life itself is a guaranty of growth.What you discover this week? What did you learn in your own process of carrying your cross?  - VD Prayer Buddies

Day 5: 2 Tim 4:17-18" But the Lord stood by me and gave me power so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed for all the gentiles to hear and so I was saved from the lion's mouth."
  • Don't give up because God never gives up on you. He gives you strength for you to bring the word of God to your family, officemate, friends and to other people and even to your enemies. From VD Prayer Buddies

Day 4: "We are subjected to any kind of hardships but never distressed; we see no out but never despair; we are pursued but never cut off; knocked down, but still have some life in us." - 2 cor.4:7-12

  • We never loss hope because this hope of ours is anchored in the very life of Jesus. Always look beyond the cross, it is not the end but just the means of our concrete following of Jesus and marked in us our true christian identity. -VD Prayer Buddies


Day 3: "The Cross of Christ is a folly to the world.. but for those who are on the road of salvation it is the power of God." 1Cor.1:18-25

  • The road to salvation would always lead us to the cross but the world see this as foolishness and absurd. I would rather be a fool in the eyes of the world but wise in the eyes of God.Today make a choice, which do you prefer? - VD Prayer Buddies

Day 2: The life that I am now living...I am living in faith in the son of God who loved me and gave himself for me. Gal 2:20.

  • It is unconditional love for us that moved Jesus to embrace the cross until the very end. Like Jesus we all have crosses in life that comes in different sizes and no one is exempted from having them. Does the cross scare you away? Bearing our cross daily will lead us to the perfection of our love for our spouse, children, neighbor. The cross is not an option but a necessity in following Jesus. -VD Prayer Buddies.
  • The old and rugged cross is the most beautiful wood for it reminds God's unfailing love to mankind. - Celia
  • i may have accepted my cross but with lots of complaints and a lot of times left the cross behind especially wen got frustrated. help me to be strong and firm in carrying my cross every minute, everyday without hesitation  and complaints in taking it as a joy of being with Him. let me be the light as well to others in following His footsteps amen - Dhelia
Day 1:"When i am lifted from the earth i will draw everyone to me. (In saying this he indicated the kind of death he was going to suffer).jn12:23-28

  • we already had the assurance from Jesus that we are not meant to stay forever in this world but to be with him forever.Jesus had to take death for our sake. We are invited to die from our worldly ways & desires so that the work of Jesus may be seen in our lives. - VD Prayer Buddies

No comments:

Post a Comment